Due to high demand, please allow up 3-4 weeks for construction and for your choice of finish to be applied.
The Kildwick Kabin Capture is a self-contained, hand-made, extremely versatile compost toilet that’s ideal for off-grid installation such as narrow boats, barges, caravans, motor homes, sheds, shepherds huts etc, in fact anywhere where you don’t have the capability to discharge urine outside i.e. it has to be captured inside the toilet and periodically emptied.
- Self-contained with 10L liquids container and 23L solids container
- Full-sized wooden seat
- Use shavings as odour control and/or 12v fan for assisted ventilation (230v adaptor optional)
- Glass fibre monocoque base is light weight and leak-proof
- All fibre glass surfaces contain SteriTouch™ antibacterial agent for continuous protection and hygiene
- Choice of colours and finishes
- Fits small spaces at 390mm wide, 510mm deep
- Ventilation fan (single speed) as standard
The Kildwick Kraft Capture combines a traditional wood exterior with an innovative high-tech, fully waterproof and wipe-clean resin interior – bonded using a Kildwick-developed process that ensure strength and durability. Even the base is 100% sealed – including the end-grain of the wood!
New colour choices for 2019!!!
As well as the established favourites of Medium and Dark Oak, we now offer a high quality satin finish lacquer that is incredibly hard wearing. Colour matched to one these Farrow & Ball colours, or choose your own colour for an additional fee!
** Now with the unique ‘Delta 10’ 10L (2.6 US Gall) silver-based non-leaching anti-bacterial urine container and uses antibacterial gelcoat to line the inside of the toilet adding to your peace of mind.
** Note that the antibacterial additive is silver-based and won’t leach into the urine so will not affect its composting abilities or or microbial action once it leaves the separator. Because of this the antibacterial action has a life well-beyond the 10 year tested period.
The Kildwick Kraft Capture offers a look that fits a more classical/traditional bathroom environment, and is available in a range of colours and finishes (some finishes are extra cost options). Compact in size, this toilet measures only 390mm x 510mm (width x depth maximum overhang) which usually fits easily in the same place as a Thetford Qube or C200 Cassette toilet.
Hidden High Technology…
Built using a unique monocoque structure, the toilet is both lightweight and very strong – so much more than a fancy ‘box’. The monocoque structure ensures that the unit is completely watertight and allows far more control over ventilation and limits movement of any residual smells into the room or flies getting into the toilet.
Separation is the Key…
Key to ease of use, management and smell reduction/elimination is the use of the best-in-class urine diverter which, as in the name, diverts the urine stream towards the bottle. When diluted, urine is a great natural fertiliser so if you’re an off-gridder or keen gardener it’s a valuable resource. The Kabin Capture uses the specially designed Kildwick diverter made of super tough marine quality glass fibre that won’t yellow over time and look grubby like plastic toilets do.
Of course, hygiene, is very important. Toilets can be hard to keep clean and can provide a breeding ground for critters and/or bacteria. The problem with plastic is that it normally used has limited life before it gets scratched or yellows. All Kildwick Kraft toilets use very high grade resins to provide a shiny, hard and easy clean surface – a surface that wont yellow and retains its ability to shrug dirt and bacteria – only simple, natural cleaning products are needed to keep it looking great! The resin used throughout the toilet has an additive called SteriTouch® which provides 10+ years protection against bacteria.
Even the urine bottles are made from special anti-bacterial plastic and have large openings so that they can be periodically deep-cleaned.
Key Features & Benefits…
- Unique monocoque structure: Strong, durable, lightweight
- Classic Exterior. Fits with almost any bathroom style.
- High-Tech Interior: Hard, shiny, wipe-clean surface
- No nooks or crannies to hide dirt, ‘critters’ or bacteria
- All internal and external glass fibre surfaces include SteriTouch® for ongoing anti-bacterial protection
- Choice of colours/finishes.
- Colours to match base
- Hinged (stainless steel, corrosion-resistant) to allow access to the solids container and bottle.
- Custom designed & built to maintain seal between seat & lid and control airflow across the solids container.
- Matching natural wood or colour finish
- Hinges marine-grade stainless to prevent corrosion
- High-quality ‘class-leading’ urine separator designed and tested by long-term off-grid design-team.
- Effective for both male & female ‘wee’ patterns – efficient collection keeping solids dry and preventing urine leaking into there base of the toilet
- Modern design provides a much more ‘conventional’ look to the toilet when the seat lid is up.
- Urine diverted into an internal, easily removable 10 L ‘D’ bottle
- Made using high-end resins & gelcoats giving the surface a very high-shine, sanitary, DURABLE and easy-clean surface
- If you want some glamour – custom options are available at extra cost to include such things as a glitter separator and other finishes to match – contact us to discuss!
The Kabin comes as standard with a 12 volt single speed ‘background’ fan. There are a variety of adaptors available to connect this to flexible or rigid ventilation pipe as required. We can discuss the options and prices for this with you. You can also choose a multi-speed fan, or the internal carbon fan which requires no external ventilation and captures odours using a high quality, custom designed carbon filter that fits inside the toilet.
Solids & Liquids Storage:
When it comes to containers, experience has shown that bigger isn’t necessarily better. As standard we ship with the following containers:
- Unique 10L Anti-Bacterial ‘D’ bottle with strong carrying strap and soft-feel handle.
- Antibacterial 23L solids bucket (stackable) with lid and built-in carry handles
Options & Variations
The bottom line is that if you can dream it, Kildwick can probably make it. Let your imagination run wild – why should a toilet be boring? Here’s a beautiful glittery, shabby-chic custom toilet based on the Kildwick Kabin that features a glitter separator and much more – a real head turner!