The PWM5 is a UK designed and manufactured 6 amp solar charge controller using pulse width modulation for precise voltage control. Designed to be connected between a solar panel (up to 100 watts) and 12 volt lead-acid battery, the PWM5 ensures maximum battery life by preventing overcharging and maintaining maximum possible state of charge.
The 3-stage charge sequence ensures that electrolyte is regularly mixed and acid stratification is minimised. Power consumption of the PWM5 is extremely low so more power ends up in the battery. The LED can be disabled if desired for even lower power usage.
The product is designed and made in the UK and is extremely simple, has ultra-low power consumption and most of all, is reliable. In fact, we use these ourselves, connected to a 70 watt Kyocera solar panel and 110 AH battery – they are brilliant!
- Pulse width modulation charge control system
- Solid-state micro-controller and MOSFET circuit
- 3-stage charge sequence for safe rapid charging
- LED voltmeter (0.1 V accuracy) and PWM indicator
- For use with 12 volt lead-acid battery systems
- 6.0 amps maximum current handling
- Compatible with solar panels up to 100 watts
- Multiple controllers can be used in interesting configurations
- Intelligent co-operation with grid tie inverter
- Extremely low self consumption (less than 1mA)
- Protected against short circuit and reverse polarity
- Very low emission of radio frequency interference
- 100% waterproof
- UK designed, manufactured and supported