The Kildwick Konstruct Divert is the perfect ‘flat pack’ compost toilet kit if you want to make your own compost toilet for a shed, garden office, studio, yurt, shepherds hut, woodland or other off-grid setting where you are able to run urine into a small soakaway pit.
The self-assembly kit comes with all the parts you need to complete the toilet – all you have to do is decide how you want to paint or stain it!
Complete kit of parts
- High quality, CNC precision cut 15mm birch plywood base, sides and lid. Pre-cut (with covers) holes for future expansion options. Ideal surface for painting, oiling or staining.
- Kildwick Klassic – ‘best in class’ fibre-glass urine diverter with embedded SteriTouch anti-bacterial agent.
- Kildwick Kube – 23 litre solids container with lid. Stackable design. Made with SteriTouch anti-bacterial agent
- Kildwick Flex system pipe to run urine from the diverter to the rear of the toilet, where you connect it to standard 32mm waste pipe and run to a soakaway pit or grey water drain.
- White plastic standard sized toilet seat
- Knock in feet to lift it slightly off the floor (helps prevent damp from the floor getting into the wood)
- Assembly and usage instructions
All you need is a flathead screwdriver and a hammer (to knock in the dowels). It should take around 15 minutes to assemble. Joints are incredibly strong – we use ‘IKEA’ style furniture assembly components that lock into place. Once assembled, you can go to town with the finish and choose to paint, stain or oil it to suit your taste and decor.
Size: 390(w) x 525(front to back) x 460 (to seat)
Solids Tank Capacity: 23L Antibacterial. Lid and built-in carry-handles
Like other Kildwick compost toilets, the essence of the Konstruct is the urine-diverting separator which keeps liquids and solids separate. Due to the volume or liquid being discharged at any one point in time, being quite small, the soakaway pit only needs to be around 50cm x 50cm x 50cm.
The solids container can be lined with compostable liners (available as an option) to make emptying easy, and if composting facilities are not available, our liners can be used to double bag the contents for disposal in suitable bins. Whether using liners or not, always cover the bottom of the solids container with around 5cm of woodshavings or your chosen cover material.
After each use of the toilet, ensure anything ‘deposited’ is completely covered with your cover material to ensure no odours are detectable.
You can also fit the Kildwick fan for complete ventilation system and total odour/moisture control.