The Villa 9020 by Separett is a urine separating toilet that requires a solid waste container beneath the floor (not included). The solids container must be reachable from the outside. It is suitable for anyone looking for a simple and user friendly solution for your cabin, cottage or tiny house.
Based on the proven urine-diverting design of the Separett Villa 9000 and 9010 compost toilet, the 9020 differs in that it has a ‘chute’ to direct solids through the base of the toilet into an external solids container which would mounted under the floor (with external access). The benefit is that the solids container can be of a larger capacity, providing longer operational time between emptying. The external container would also be suitable where building regulations prohibit carry of solid waste through the living area of a dwelling.
Particularly suitable to new-build cabins, tiny houses, cottages or houses where the floor has a void underneath. You can supply your own solids collection system, or for ease of installation you can purchase the Separett ‘Solid Waste Collection Kit’ designed specifically for the Villa 9020.
Separett Villa 9020 Specifications
- Capacity: Unlimited (urine to soakaway – solids can be emptied as required)
- Connection: Battery cable 1.9 meters or AC adapter 12/230V
- Energy consumption: 0.06 kWh/day
- Height: 54.1 cm
- Length: 67.2 cm
- Width 45.6 cm
- Material: Recyclable high-polish polypropylene.
- Max load: 150 kg
- Noise level: <30 dB(A)
Common features in the Villa range
The Separett Villa 9020 is a waterless or ‘dry’, urine-separating, compost toilet that is both attractive and environmentally friendly, manufactured from impact-resistant high-gloss recyclable polypropylene.
The integrated 12 volt DC fan (it also comes with a 230 volt to 12 volt adaptor), draws air through the toilet to an outside vent, thereby eliminating any odours in the room and speeding up the drying process for the ‘solids’, which will enhance the subsequent composting. The Villa has a 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
The 2.5 watt fan draws 210mA and is highly suitable for battery and solar power. Using a 12V, 100Ah battery will typically give you about 2 weeks continual use, although ideally, you should be recharging the battery using wind or solar power if possible. The included 230v adaptor enables you to power from mains power, where available.
The Separett Villa 9020 has an integrated urine-separating bowl, which means solid and liquid wastes are automatically separated. The solid waste will go through the chute and into your solids collection container (not supplied) and liquid waste goes down the urine pipe where you can either run it into a soak-away, or it can be collected for use as a fertiliser.
One of the unique features of the Separett Villa is the automatic concealing screen – when you sit down on the toilet, the unique pressure seat opens a view screen that otherwise covers the solid waste container.
Separett Villa 9020 installation requirements:
- Electrical: The Separett Villa 9020 will require a 12 volt DC supply (such as a leisure battery) in order to operate the fan or a 230v mains plug for the included adaptor. The fan should be run continuously whilst there is anything in the solids container.
- Ventilation: The fan pulls air through the toilet and out through a 75mm vent pipe at the top of the toilet where it can either be turned through 90 degrees and go directly outside through the wall (recommended), or straight up and through the roof/ceiling. The outside part of the duct will require an insect screen and a cap (included).
- Liquid Outlet: The 32mm urine outlet is on the rear of the unit and can be led to a domestic wastewater pipe, a soak-away or a holding tank. Please ensure you comply with any local codes regarding the disposal etc of urine.
- Suitable solids container under the floor (with easy access to the outside). A Separett ‘Solid Waste Collection Kit’ is available as an optional extra.
The Villa 9020 is particularly suitable for people who have access under the floor, or are building new and can create under floor access. The ability to have a larger solids container means greater time between emptying and hence less time spent managing the toilet, or to create a greater capacity for larger groups of users.
Download installation manual: <download PDF>
Please note this is a special order product and delivery times may be longer than usual.